|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|The BattleMeshV3 will be held at [[http://www.porticciolo.it|Camping Porticciolo]] in Bracciano, Italy. More details [[/Location|here]].||The BattleMeshV3 will be held at [[http://www.porticciolo.it|Camping Porticciolo]] in Bracciano, Italy.
=== How to get there ===
* '''From the airport of Ciampino''':
* take a shuttle bus to the ''Termini'' station, then take the ''metro A'' to the ''Valle Aurelia'' station. There take the train (line FR3 direction ''Viterbo'') to Bracciano.
* OR take a bus to the ''Anagnina'' metro station (cheaper), then take the ''metro A'' and get off at the ''Valle Aurelia'' station. There take the train (line FR3 direction ''Viterbo'') to Bracciano.
* '''From the airport of Fiumicino''': take the train to Rome and get off the ''Roma Ostiense'' (or ''Roma Trastevere'') station, then take another train (line FR3 direction ''Viterbo'') to Bracciano.
* '''From the Termini central station''': take the metro A to the ''Valle Aurelia'' station. There take the train (line FR3 direction ''Viterbo'') to Bracciano.
More details [[/Location|here]].
We would like to give to the Battle of the Mesh V3 the flavour of a tournament with a social character. If you are a mesh networking enthusiast, community networking activist, or have an interest in mesh networks you might find this bunch of crazy folks gathering for the Wireless Battle of the Mesh V3 very interesting. This event is also an opportunity to meet developers from the most popular open source mesh protocol implementations (Babel, Batman, Olsr.org) and watch their ideas compete. If you have implemented an interesting mesh protocol capable of running on OpenWrt Kamikaze you can take part to the tournament.
The BattleMeshV3 will be held at Camping Porticciolo in Bracciano, Italy.
How to get there
From the airport of Ciampino:
take a shuttle bus to the Termini station, then take the metro A to the Valle Aurelia station. There take the train (line FR3 direction Viterbo) to Bracciano.
OR take a bus to the Anagnina metro station (cheaper), then take the metro A and get off at the Valle Aurelia station. There take the train (line FR3 direction Viterbo) to Bracciano.
From the airport of Fiumicino: take the train to Rome and get off the Roma Ostiense (or Roma Trastevere) station, then take another train (line FR3 direction Viterbo) to Bracciano.
From the Termini central station: take the metro A to the Valle Aurelia station. There take the train (line FR3 direction Viterbo) to Bracciano.
More details here.
From the 2nd to the 6th of June 2010.
In brief: we will deploy a wireless mesh network over the camping, run different routing protocols on top of it, perform some tests and see which routing protocol behaves better.
Side activities will be organized. Workshops and talks on wireless topics are on the time table (see below on this page)
A donation of 50 EUR (which will cover costs for the whole period for the camping ground + internet connectivity) is required for the whole event (5 days, 4 nights). Of course feel free to donate more if you want
Please pay in advance and NOT directly at the camping. In this day we can have a budget to buy equipment and an idea of the number of people coming.
Payment deadline: It would be nice to pay before May the 10th
How to pay
Rome, Italy: Pay directly at Fusolab every Thursday at the Ninux.org Meeting, Via Giorgio Pitacco 29, Roma http://ninux.org
Brussels, Belgium: Pay directly at HSBxl (brussels) - every tuesday-evening during hackerspace brussels' techtuesdays http://hackerspace.be/Location -- banking details at http://hackerspace.be/Contact
PayOnline click here
Please give 'WBMv3' and your name+email! in the description/comment of your wire-transfer.
email <contatti AT PLEASEDONOTSPAM ninux DOT org> for info on logistics, travelling and camping
you can also try irc.freenode.net, channel #battlemesh
Who will be there
Check out the /Participants page (and add yourself to the list if you are coming, please!).
What to bring
- Access Points
- Ethernet Cables
- switches and hubs
- your laptop
List of the hardware available for the WBMv3
Permanent BarCamp Tent
BarCamp is an international network of user generated conferences (or unconferences) - open, participatory workshop-events, whose content is provided by participants.
At the WBMv3 there will be a Permanent BarCamp Tent in which participants can make talks about Wireless Mesh Networks and discuss the results of the Battle.
- Bring your own tent and sleeping bags to sleep at the camping.
To subscribe to the WBM participants' mailing list please visit this page: http://ml.ninux.org/mailman/listinfo/battlemesh
The archive of the mailing list is here: http://ml.ninux.org/pipermail/battlemesh/
- Q: I live in Rome or near Bracciano, if I join the event only during the day and I sleep at home do I have to pay 50 euros ?
- A: The 50 euros is a donation to cover our camping costs and hardware costs. If you plan to join the event only during the day, the suggested donation is of 20 euros for all 5 days.
- Q: I can't come for the all period, do I have to pay 50 euros ?
A: The donation of 50 euros is not to be inteded as a price to sleep at the camping for the whole week. It is a donation to support the event, so we can pay the camping, the hardware and anything else we need. Anyway, if you plan to stay for a shorter period than the whole event, and you are sleeping at the camping, please contact the organization at <contatti AT ninux DOT org>.
Add here your blog that talks about the Wireless Battle of the Mesh. Please add the URL of the specific BattleMesh article or tag.
If your organization wants to be a sponsor of the Battle of the Mesh V3 please write to <contatti AT PLEASEDONOTSPAM ninux DOT org>. Thank You !
Spreading the word
The Announcement: AnnouncementV3
subpages are listed here: